Chocolate Ganache Tart
Makes: 8 slices | Prep time - 10 mins | Cooking time - 20 mins
"My super special Chocolate Ganache Tart is one decadent yet surprisingly simple dessert to whip up for last minute dinner parties! I used Manuka Honey to sweeten and add depth to the chocolatey filling, so it is refined sugar free and also has all the immune-boosting, anti-viral benefits of Manuka!" Tash x
200g ground almonds
1 small egg
Pinch of Salt
50g coconut oil
200g coconut cream
2 heaped tbsp Manuka honey
20g raw cacao powder
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
Garnish: 10g pistachios
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees for a fan assisted oven.
- Line an 8inch loaf tin with baking paper.
- To make the tart base, beat the egg and add to the almond flour with a pinch of salt. Mix together until it comes together into a ball.
- Push the dough into the pre-lined loaf tin and up the sides so its really compact and about ½ cm thick and an inch high for the sides.
- Put into the oven and blind bake for 20 minutes until golden.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool while you make the ganache.
- To make the ganache, melt the coconut oil on a low heat in a pan and whisk in the coconut cream and Manuka honey until combined.
- Add in the raw cacao powder, small pinch of salt and vanilla essence and whisk until combined.
- Carefully pour the ganache into the tart case, making sure not to go over the sides. Place into the fridge for 2 hours until set.
- Chop the pistachios and sprinkle over the top.