Creamy Broad Bean Salad
1 cup broad beans
1 spring onion, thinly sliced on an angle
1 large handful of green beans
4 radishes, sliced
Juice of 1 lemon
Zest of ½ a lemon
¼ cup endive, thinly sliced
Pinch Himalayan pink salt & sprinkle of pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
- Peel and remove the stone from your avocado. On a board, mash the avocado with a fork until smooth. Squeeze the juice of ½ a lemon over the avocado & stir through to stop it going brown. Set aside.
- Add a generous pinch of salt to a pan of boiling water and cook your green beans. Drain in a colander (keeping the hot water for your broad beans) and run under cold water to cool.
- Cook your beans in the saved boiling water for 2-3 minutes until soft, again, drain under cold water. If you like, you can then remove the outer skins of the broad beans to reveal the bright and delicious inner bean.
- Place the beans into a bowl with the dill, chicory, paprika, salt, pepper, finely chopped chilli and mashed avocado.
- Serve on a platter with the lemon zest and a sprinkle of chopped chilli.