Creamy Courgette & Carrot Pasta
Serves 2 | Cooking time - 10 minutes
A big bowl of creamy pasta is one of the most comforting dishes in existence and thanks to my Creamy Courgette and Carrot Pasta, you can totally get all the creamy goodness of traditional recipes without gluten or dairy! The kuzu in this recipe thickens up the sauce and the coconut oil adds satiating healthy fats for that indulgence we all crave during the colder months! Add a sprinkling of pecorino cheese for extra taste, if you're not vegan or dairy free. Tash x
1tbsp coconut oil
1/4 tsp cumin
¼ cup water
60g grated carrot
1 courgette finely sliced on an angle
Pinch Himalayan pink salt
½ a cup of brown rice milk
3 tbsp cold water
Gluten free pasta
60g pecorino cheese (optional, non vegan)
- Melt the coconut oil in a frying pan, add the cumin and fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the courgette, grated carrot and half of the water and leave to cook on a medium heat for 2 minutes. Once the water starts to absorb, add the rest. Cook for a further 2 minutes or until the courgette starts to turn translucent.
- Cook your pasta in a separate pan – I like to use rice noodles as they cook in 4 minutes and are a lighter option.
- To make the creamy sauce,mix the kuzu granules with the cold water until a chalky liquid forms.
- In a pan heat up the brown rice milk with the salt until boiling. Turn off the heat and add the kuzu liquid into the milk and stir until it thickens into a creamy thick sauce.
- To serve mix the carrot and courgette mixture through your pasta and pour the creamy sauce over the top. You can grate some pecorino cheese over the top for some extra indulgence.