Lottie's Valentine's Day Dog Biscuits!
Serves - 1 hungry doggy! (1 tray/100 small bones) | Prep Time - 10 mins, Cooking time - 10 mins | Skill - easy
If you follow me on social media you know that my number 1 is my pup Lottie! This Valentine's Day I thought she deserves a healthy, tasty treat made from all her favourite things - so I came up with her very own Valentine's Dog Treats! I'm sure the four legged love of your life with love them as much as Lottie does! Tash x
100g ground almonds
20g rice flour
20g coconut oil
3 heaped tbsp peanut butter
30g grated hard goat's or cow's cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg fan.
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan on a very low heat – do not let it burn or boil. Add the peanut butter, egg and grated cheese and mix together.
- Weigh out the almonds and rice flour and mix together.
- Mix the wet and dried to form a wet dough. It will be lovely and oily from the almonds and coconut oil.
- Let your dog taste test the mixture!
- Split into two balls and roll out between two pieces of baking paper so that the dough is ½ cm thick.
- Use a 1.5 inch cookie cutter to cut shapes. Place your shapes onto another piece of baking paper. Repeat until all of the dough is used.
- Transfer to the oven for 10 minutes until just turning golden. Take out and leave to cool.
- Store in an air tight container and treat your dog every day!