Almond Energy Bars
Pre time: 10 minutes | Freezing time: 30 minutes | Skill: Simple
These quite literally taste like white chocolate! This is one to have up your sleeve when you need a pick me up! It also tastes wonderfully sweet and has a slightly caramel taste. Tash x
100g coconut oil
20g hulled hemp seeds
70g almond butter
1 tbsp maca powder (optional)
1/8 tsp vanilla essence
Pinch Himalayan salt
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan on a very low heat - you don't want it to boil.
- Mix together the melted coconut oil, almond butter, honey, vanilla, maca and salt until well combined.
- Weigh out the almonds, hulled hemp seeds and oats and add to the wet ingredients. Stir till fully mixed.
- Line a baking tray and pout the mixture and spread out until its about ½ cm thick. And push down so very compact.
- Put into the freezer for 30 minutes or until set. Cut into bars and keep in the fridge till you are ready to eat them.