Raw Nutella Brownies
Serves 2 | Prep Time – 10 minutes | Skill – Simple
175g medjool dates
30g hazelnuts, toasted
2 tbsp coconut oil (at room temperature)
1 tbsp agave or brown rice syrup
3 tbsp raw cacao
1.5 tbsp psyllium husks or ground flax seeds
Generous pinch of Himalayan pink salt
¼ tsp cinnamon
- Toast your hazelnuts in an oven at 175 °C until golden and aromatic. Rub off the skins by rolling the nuts together in a dishcloth. Set aside.
- In a food processor blitz the dates until almost smooth - if you can’t find medjool dates you will need to simmer dried dates in 1tbsp of water until all of the water has been absorbed and the dates have softened.
- Transfer the dates to a bowl and combine with the remaining ingredients and mix until fully incorporated - you might need to get your hands dirty here. It should be a lovely thick chocolaty dough.
- Line a baking tray with clingfilm and press the dough into it so that the sides are even and the mixture about 3-4cm thick.
- Put the tray in the fridge and allow to set for at leas an hour until gooey and delicious.