Roasted Asian Miso Aubergine
Serves 3-4 side dishes | Prep time: 40 minutes | Cooking time: 30 minutes |Skill: Simple
2 tbsp sweet miso
2 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp brown rice vinegar
1 inch grated ginger
1 spring onion (10g)
¼ cup water
1 tbsp tamari
1 tbsp water
5g fresh coriander
fresh chili slices
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Slice the aubergine into circles approximately ½ cm thick.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and spread with 1 tbsp sunflower oil.
- Make the sauce by mixing together the sweet miso, mirin and brown rice vinegar.
- Slice the spring onion thinly on an angle and mix into the sauce.
- Dip each of the aubergine slices into the sauce so it covers both sides and place onto the baking tray. Repeat with all the slices.
- Pour the ¼ cup water onto the tray with the aubergine.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, turning halfway through cooking
- Mix the tamari and water together and pour over the roasted aubergine slices.
- To serve, sprinkle with fresh coriander and chili.