Roasted Carrot and Feta Salad
Serves 2 | cooking time: 30 minutes | Rating: Simple
"This is one hell of a sexy warm salad! Sometimes I can get bored of carrots but this has re-ignited my love for these wonderful orange, nutrient-rich vegetables! Carrots are packed full of beta- carotene. You can mix up the flavours and vegetables depending on what you have left in your fridge at home and enjoy warm from the oven or cool from the fridge during the summer!" Tash x
3 small cloves garlic
Pinch of caraway seeds
Pinch of cumin seeds
Pinch Himalayan salt
100g feta (optional if vegan)
½ tsp rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
1 tsp olive oil
Pinch salt and pepper
Juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Slice the carrots length-ways and then in half again. You want them quite thin to cook in 30 minutes so if they are big carrots slice in half again.
- Transfer to a baking tray with a large pinch of cumin seeds, caraway seeds, salt and cracked pepper and the cloves of garlic and roast in oven for 25 minutes.
- Add the chopped kale on top of the carrots and put back into the oven for 5 minutes until the kale is crispy.
- While the carrots are in the oven boil a pan of water with a large pinch of salt.
- When it gets to a rolling boil add the broccoli florets for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Drain and place into a bowl.
- Chop the parsley and crumble the feta and add to the broccoli along with the olive oil, rice vinegar, lime juice and sesame seeds.
- Take the carrots and kale out of the oven. Remove the garlic, chop it and mix into the broccoli mixture. Season with a pinch of salt and cracked black pepper.
- Serve warm optional with rocket.