Smoked Aubergine and Tahini
For the Aubergine:
For the Dressing:
1.5 tbsp tahini
1.5 tbsp water
½ clove of garlic, finely chopped
Juice of ½ a lemon
Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
Parsley & sumac
- Turn the grill to a medium/high heat.
- Pierce the aubergines 3-4 times and place onto a baking tray. Grill for 20-30 minutes. Turn the aubergines every 5 minutes or so until blackened and their skin starts to feel soft and a little collapsed.
- Meanwhile make the dressing. Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a jar and whisk. It might look a little curdled to start with but just keep whisking and you will soon get a deliciously smooth dressing.
- Once the aubergines are cooked, remove them from the oven and set aside to cool a little before gently removing the outer skin, trying to keep the shape of the flesh.
- Serve the whole aubergine with the dressing drizzled over the top and a generous sprinkling of parsley and sumac.