Spiced Chick Pea & Spiralized Veg Salad
Serves 2 | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cooking time: 10 minutes |Skill: Simple
In my quest to continue to prove that salads aren't boring I created this mighty one! With slow-release carbs and protein from the chickpeas and lots of satiating healthy fats from the yoghurt (goat's or coconut) you'll have an energising & filling dinner that's flipping tasty too! Tash x
400g can of chickpeas (250g drained weight)
200g asparagus, ribboned (10 spears)
2 carrots, spiralized
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp caraway seeds
pinch Himalayan salt
1 tbsp sunflower oil
80g goat’s yoghurt, or dairy-free yoghurt to make it vegan
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees cel.
- Strain and wash the chickpeas and place onto a lined roasting tray.
- Add the asparagus, carrots, smoked paprika, caraway seeds, salt and sunflower oil and toss together to evenly coat the veg and chickpeas in oil and spices
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until soft
- Meanwhile make the dressing by whisking all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Remove the chickpeas and vegetables from the oven and drizzle over the yoghurt
- Mix through the chopped parsley
- Serve while nice and warm.