Serves: 2 | Prep time: 60 minutes | Cooking time: 5 minutes | Cooking Skills: Simple
This gluten-free and vegan porridge is bursting with raw goodness. By soaking and activating the buckwheat and linseeds, you are breaking down certain proteins, which in turn, can then be more easily absorbed by the body. It also allows the digestive system to make the most of an abundance of good bacteria. It’s pretty delicious too!
Raw Buckwheat Porridge
- 170g raw buckwheat kernels
- 40g gluten-free porridge oats
- 2 tsp golden linseeds
- 4 dates
- water to cover
- 1 banana
- 100g blueberries
- 2tsp acai berry powder
- 3tbsp water
- In a bowl, mix together your buckwheat, gluten-free oats, linseeds and dates. Cover them in water and leave to soak for at least an hour.
- Once the buckwheat has softened, drain the water and transfer to a high-speed blender with the banana. Pulse until you reach a porridge-like consistency adding a splash of water if you want to loosen the mixture a little.
- Place the blueberries, acai berry powder and water in a pan and simmer over a gentle heat until the blueberries start to break down and you get a deliciously vibrant, thick coulis.
- Transfer your raw porridge to a bowl and swirl through the blueberry coulis, adding a sprinkle of golden linseeds, chia seeds, flax seeds or bee pollen to the top before serving.