Chicken and honey when wrapped and combined in the right ratio, can make wonders. Do you believe so? If yes or no, this Balsamic Honey Chicken Thighs Recipe is a must-try dish that will surely give you a new experience.
I love Giada De Laurentis’s idea of adding balsamic vinegar to chicken marinade (isn’t she pretty?). In her new cookbook “Giada’s kitchen”, she has a recipe for sweet and sticky chicken drumsticks using this vinegar.
I liked the idea of the Balsamic Honey Chicken Thighs recipe but I changed the recipe (quite a bit). I thought she put too much sugar and honey which will make the chicken taste waaaaay too sweet, the oven temperature too high which might (probably will) burn the chicken (because of the honey and sugar) and also cause the meat to shrink from the high roasting heat. So, here is my version of the Balsamic Honey Chicken Thighs Recipe. It turned out just perfect, as you will see in the end.
By the way, there is a poll here on the right-side column where you can vote for your favourite protein. I see that for now, chicken is leading. Don’t forget to vote for your favourite candidate.
Balsamic Honey Chicken Thighs Recipe
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey (½ cup in original recipe)
- ¼ cup light brown sugar (½ cup in original recipe)
- ¼ cup soy sauce (I use low sodium soy)
- 3 rosemary sprigs, leaves picked off the stem
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- Ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 whole chicken legs, split to drums and thighs, or use 10-12 drumsticks
- Combine all the marinade ingredients together in a big dish (like a 13 * 9-inch pan) which you will use for baking the chicken. Add chicken and mix well. Cover and marinade for 1-2 hours.
- Roast the chicken with the marinade in a 350 F degrees oven for 50-60 minutes.
- If you see that the skin is getting too dark, place an aluminum foil loosely over the chicken to prevent the skin from browning too much.
- This Balsamic Honey Chicken Thighs turned out simply delicious!
Whether its a special occasion or a usual day, this spicy chicken wrap recipe is all set to give you some great memories!