Looking for a simple salad recipe which is healthy and makes you feel full? Now we got that out of the way, let me tell you about the crunchiest, bestest (as little kids say) raw cabbage salad recipe that I ever had.
Cabbage, like zucchini, might seem like a boring vegetable – at least to me, but I am now a changed woman – and so overlooked. It is not exactly the star of any meal, is it? You won’t see it on the cover of a magazine. And you won’t find a whole chapter in a cookbook devoted to it. Or to zucchini. Unlike potatoes. Or pasta. Right?! So what has transformed my feelings towards cabbage and this raw cabbage salad recipe?
As for the cabbage salad ingredients, I also tried toasted pine nuts, toasted peanuts, arugula, bell pepper… However, I think the most important part of raw cabbage salad recipe is to get the dressing right, or the right dressing. So, I’m heading to Costco soon to buy a good dressing.
Raw Cabbage Salad Recipe
- Green cabbage, cut into long pieces
- Red cabbage, cut into long pieces
- Green onions, chopped
- Fresh ginger, minced or grated, to taste
- Cilantro, chopped
- Chinese ginger salad dressing (Costco has the best one)
- Toasted pine nuts or almonds, for garnish
- Well, I think anyone can make a salad and you don’t need specific instructions in making out this simple cabbage salad, right?! Play with it…
Here after trying out this Raw Cabbage Salad Recipe, cabbage will be your favourite for sure! Enjoy!!