Are you a fitness lover? Ever tried this savory roasted pumpkin seeds recipe? This crispy roast is the best ever healthy snack you can try out.
Pumpkin seeds make a nutritious and tasty snack and have an extra oomph during the holidays. So, this savory roasted pumpkin seeds recipe is the right choice. They make a good treat to serve to your holiday dinner guests without them losing their appetite from eating a more filling appetizer/s and then not having room in their bellies for the main meal.
Savory Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (or other cooking oil)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoons curry powder (Gharam Masala)
- 1/4 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- Scoop the seeds out of the pumpkin shell using a spoon, scraper, or your hands. Place the seeds in a bowl. To clean the pumpkin seeds, remove and discard any strings or bits of clinging pulp.
- Wash the pumpkin seeds in a strainer under running water to remove any remaining juices, or bits of pulp.
- For immediate use, spread the seeds out on a shallow pan between paper towels and pat dry. To use the following day, spread the seeds out and allow to dry over night.
- Place the dry seeds in a bowl and coat with 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and spices. Stir the seasonings with a spoon to evenly coat the seeds.
- Spread the seasoned pumpkin seeds out on a baking sheet or shallow pan in a single layer. Bake in a preheated oven for 35-40 minutes*. (Stir every 10 minutes.)
- * After 30 minutes, check and stir the seeds every 5 minutes. They may begin to pop or crack and turn a delicate golden color when done. They will be crispy and crunchy when ready to eat. Let them cool for several minutes before tasting.
This super special Savory Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe is a healthy one you must try! Cook and enjoy!