Carrots are healthy. So, anything made out of carrots is also healthy to include in the diet, right? Yeah! this Simple Carrot Soup Recipe is one among those healthy soup recipes that you can definitely try when you are totally lazy and your tummy waits for something yummy!
Simple Carrot Soup Recipe
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 lb. pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 1 lb. yams, peeled and diced
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- Nutmeg, grated
- Black pepper
- Water/milk/heavy cream/chicken stock for thinning the soup – optional, if needed
- Sour cream and chives, for serving
- In a medium size pot, sauté the onions in the butter over medium heat.
- Add all the other ingredients. Bring to a boil and then cook over low heat for 40-50 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
- Let cool a bit. Mash with potato masher or puree in a food processor or using a hand mixer to desired consistency. Add water/milk/heavy cream/chicken stock to thin the soup, if needed.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and chives.
Don’t wait too long to try out this Simple Carrot Soup Recipe as it takes less time to make and tastes really yummy!