RAW CHOCOLATE CHEESE CAKE
Serves: 10 | Prep time: 30 minutes | Freezing time: 6 hours | Skill: Moderate
I am beyond excited to share this recipe with you all. Is there much better than a chocolate cheesecake, and a raw, vegan one at that? This makes the perfect dessert if you are entertaining and possesses all of that essential fatty acid rich goodness from the nuts!
- 230g cashews
- 250ml water
- 2 tbsp yeast flakes
- 40g raw cacao
- 150ml coconut oil
- 60g coconut blossom syrup
- 200g almonds
- 160g brazils
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 150g dates
- 80ml coconut oil
- Prepare a 10 inch spring form tin by lining the base with baking paper or clingfilm.
- Soak the cashews in the water for 30 minutes while you make the base.
- To make the base put the almonds and brazil nuts into a food processor and blend until a crumb like texture. Add in the dates, coconut oil and vanilla essence and blend again until it become sticky and easy to form into balls.
- Push into the base of the tin until its really compact and then put it into the fridge.
- To make the filling pour the soaked cashews, the remaining water, raw cacao, yeast flakes, coconut oil and coconut palm syrup in a high speed blender. Blend until a completely smooth, velvety texture.
- Take the base out the fridge and pour the chocolate filling into the cake tin. Make sure that it is flat on the top buy banging the tin on your work top surface – this will help to level it out.
- Put into the freezer for 4-6 hours or in the fridge for at least 8 hours to set.
- When ready to serve carefully take out of the cake tin and decorate with some berries.