It’s winter. Well, you know it. But this one seems to be not just any winter, but a looooong winterrrrrrrr. And I love grilled meat! What about you? This made me get this sweet and spicy Marinated Lamb Kebab with Cilantro and Honey recipe. I can’t wait ‘till the global colding that’s been going on here in the past few weeks will end. Snow in March? Com’on… I have already done some“ grilling in the rain”… And now it comes to this, grilling in the dark.
I’m tired of indoors grilling. So out I went.
But I find that the main problem with grilling in winter is… no, not the rain, no, not the snow. It is so dark outside. It’s March, and by now I don’t care anymore if it rains or snows. However, not being able to see if the food is properly grilled is a different story. I find it very disturbing.
Yes, we have an outside light, but apparently, it’s not enough. Maybe I should get a big mean street light machine into our backyard. I guess we were lucky to get nicely done grilled lamb kebabs albeit in the darkness. And I want to share the Marinated Lamb Kebab with Cilantro and Honey Recipe with you all.
You see, I just bought this cookbook which I wanted to put my hands on for a long long time. It is called Ottolenghi: The Cookbook. Ottolenghi is a very successful restaurant in London, with several locations (because it is so successful – could you guess?), which I read about in several magazines in the past 2 years. Oh, how I wish I could visit London now. Well, maybe not right now, better wait for summer. What a gorgeous city it is. I’ve visited there once a few years ago (prior to kids) and loved it! But for now, it’ll have to be only a Marinated Lamb Kebab with Cilantro and Honey Recipe from there…
Marinated Lamb Kebab with Cilantro and Honey Recipe
- 1 – 1 1/2 lbs. boneless leg of lamb, cubed
- a handful of parsley
- a handful of mint
- a handful of cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped small
- 1 tspn fresh ginger, grated
- 3 chilies, seeded and chopped – optional
- 1/2 tspn Salt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3 tbsp soy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1-3 tbsp water
- 1/2 plain (goat) yogurt, optional
- Blend all the ingredients, besides lamb, in a food processor.
- Place lamb in a large Ziploc bag, or in a bowl. Pour half the marinade over and mix well. Let marinate for a few hours and up to overnight.
- If using wooden skewers, let them soak in water for half an hour (to prevent them from burning on the grill). Remove lamb cubes from the marinate and skewer them. Let sit at room temperature for half an hour (to lose some of the chill).
- Meanwhile, preheat your grill to medium-high.
- Grill the lamb to your liking of doneness.
- While the lamb is cooking, take the other half of the marinade and mix together with the yogurt to make a dressing, or use it as is.
- Serve the grilled lamb with the dressing.
This spicy-sweet Marinated Lamb Kebab with Cilantro and Honey Recipe is all that you need for a hungry lunch or for an amazing dinner with your loved ones. Don give this recipe a try and share if you really like it!