Meet my new best friend – real truffle oil. It sure deserves a red carpet (or table runner). A few drops of this oil and you are in heaven. I keep myself from putting it in or on everything I eat. I want to put it in my coffee! But coffee and real truffle oil don’t really go well together. Bummer.
A drizzle of this real truffle oil in dishes like soups, stews, salads, sandwiches, etc, just before serving, will upgrade your status from an average home cook/host to the next genius chef, or at least the next Iron chef, or something like that.
Use it carefully, it is very powerful and aromatic (and a bit expensive). A little of this real truffle oil goes a looonng way. Its flavour is sophisticated and not everyone likes it, so don’t waste it on people who don’t appreciate it.
For some reason, the combination of eggs and real truffle oil works like magic. I like to use it in a sandwich – see recipe below.
Real Truffle Oil In Heavenly Sandwich Recipe
- 2 slices of your favorite bread
- Butter, optional
- 1 teaspoon truffle oil
- 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced
- 2 slices Mortadella (or you favorite deli meat)
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- Arugula leaves, optional
- Tomato, thinly sliced, optional
- Salt and black pepper
- Spread a little butter on both bread slices and drizzle truffle oil. Arrange all other ingredients in layers. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Close your eyes and take a bite. Or take a bite of this real truffle oil in heavenly sandwich and then close your eyes. Does it feel like heaven or not?!
Real Truffle Oil is a must-try thing in your favourite snacks or whatever. Do give this Real Truffle Oil In Sandwich Recipe a try and if you like it, share it with your loved ones too!