Soups are always good to go that makes us feel refreshed from within. If you think the same way as I do, you are definitely a soup lover and this Tarragon Split Pea Soup will surely steal your heart with its amazing taste! Never rethink trying out this healthy Tarragon Split Pea Soup Recipe.
Tarragon Split Pea Soup Recipe
- 1 no package frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 nos shallots, sliced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- Black pepper, ground
- Plain nonfat yogurt or sour cream, for serving
- Heat oil in a medium size pot over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté until golden and almost tender, about 5 minutes. Add the peas and broth (or water, if using), tarragon, salt and pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until flavors blend and peas are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Cool slightly. Working in batches, puree soup in blender until completely smooth, or use a hand blender. Return to the same pot and reheat. Thin with more broth/water to the desired consistency. Correct seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Ladle Tarragon Split Pea Soup into 6 bowls and serve with yogurt or sour cream.
It’s all done. Why wait for? Just try out this Tarragon Split Pea Soup Recipe and give yourself a great refreshment from within!